Friday 27 February 2015

Day 56-57 Add oil!

I have been getting up early to do my practices since the beginning of the year, and this week has been no exception, even though I am back at work. I have noticed, though, that after three days of work, it is harder to motivate myself in the evening to finish a few of the exercises I missed this morning! The Chinese have a saying jiāyóu, which is an expression of encouragement to keep you going when the going gets tough. One translation would be 'Add oil!'

In qi gong, adding oil is also talked about, in the sense that a lamp cannot be lit without a sufficient supply of energy - in this case coming from oil. Our human energy is finite, too, unless we learn how to multiply and store our life force energy. It really is possible, and that is what fuels me to get up early in the morning to do the practices, and that knowing is what will fuel me to get off the computer now to go and finish my exercises! 




jiāyóu!




No comments:

Post a Comment