Saturday 3 January 2015

Day 3 - 3rd January 2015 - Serving one's Qi by letting go of the past

I have been musing on how we humans can hold onto energies which no longer serve us, yet
are trapped in our organs, fibres, tissues and subtle energy bodies if we have not properly digested the experiences they were attached to. Humans are ENERGY. The entirety of our experiences is energetic in nature.  As Public Image Limited identified in the song 'Rise', for example, "Anger is an Energy"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq7JSic1DtM

Every single thing you do, say, see, touch, feel, think, and come into contact with contains an energetic force, that is either neutral, weakening or strengthening. As there is a vast multitude of variables in human form and function, different people will have different reactions to the same experiences. For example, some people may find their energy being sapped by being at a party, while others may feel energised by the same experience. 

The energy of memories and associated emotions can be stored  deeply in the subconscious and unconscious minds, away from enquiring reach, but these feelings and remembrances may be triggered by particular places, sights, sounds or feelings. When one has truly digested an experience, it will become a story, nothing more, nothing less, and will no longer have any hold on us (dictating certain behavioural patterns, ways of thinking, ways of responding and so on). 

When I first came to Australia, I met and immediately fell in love with a man who was to have a profound effect on how I view the world. He helped me to solidify my commitment to spiritual enquiry and personal development. He had a brilliant mind, and I was compelled by his energy; so much so that, even once he began to display [what should have been] obvious signs of mental instability and distress, and began to be abusive to those who were close to him, I remained by his side. I was with him for more than four years, and we were friends for a few years after that, until he shunned me from his life (a habit he had formed with people he was close to until, at the time of his death, he had practically no-one left in his life). He died in 2012, by his own hand. 

Last night I stayed in the house where it all began, the place where I spent my first night in Australia (in Adelaide), the place where I met him, and where we began our relationship. This is a picture of me at the door of that very room. 


While I was there, I thought about how much suffering I experienced being in a relationship with Mr F; certainly I experienced great joys, too, but the sadness, frustration and pain I felt at times were  more than I had ever borne before. So what I realised last night was that the sequence of events and the experiences associated with that relationship had truly run their course. There were no triggers whatsoever in that house, just an understanding that history was truly history. 

This doesn't generally happen without some effort on one's part; but the more we move towards being in harmony with the natural order of things, and the more we commit to letting go of that which no longer serves us, the greater the chances of fully digesting an experience and it becoming - quite literally - 'his' story, or 'her' story! 

Holding onto that which no longer serves us impedes our Qi flow. Learning to release and transmute the stored energy of past emotional traumas enables us to move forwards in our practices more strongly and with greater confidence. 

It is never to late to work on this, no matter the depth or the reach of the trauma. 

Committing to practices which regulate one's qi (such as pranayama, qi gong, meditation) assists in opening oneself up to be able to move onwards and upwards, and to let go of the past, as these practices provide a platform of energetic stability from which one is able to take the position of observer, and view one's life experience and reactions to things with an attitude of impartiality. From there one can invite forth that which needs to be worked upon at a conscious level, to  be consequently released into his-story.


No comments:

Post a Comment