Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 8 - 8th January 2015 - The coffee test

I was planning to get up at 7:30 this morning; however, that would have only left me time to do Pranayama (and no Qi Gong) before work. I had a fitful sleep due to the heat and thunderstorms. Something that thumped onto the roof or the path below woke me up with a start at 7. I decided to put that extra 30 minutes to good use, and did a good session of Qi Gong after my Pranayama. In spite of having had less sleep than usual, I still went to work full of vim and vigour.

In fact, the biggest test for me was to not even experience the urge to have a cup of coffee. I have long sinced kicked the regular coffee habit, but over the last year have still found that certain situations and conditions leave me hankering after one - I think more for the association and the flavour than the actual caffeine. The big 'but' is that even one cup of coffee tangibly messes with my equilibrium. It may provide me with a short time of greater alertness, but I can definitely feel the strain it puts on my kidneys. I can also feel it creating more acidity in my system. 

Today, I did not even think about having a coffee, in spite of having had quite a bit less sleep than usual. 
I attribute this to my breathing exercises!


No comments:

Post a Comment