Wednesday 7 January 2015

Day 7 - 7th January 2015 - Qi up the pole!

There are certain things that I do that, while not directly related to qi cultivation, have helped and are helping me develop greater awareness of how my body and mind function, and imbuing me with a deeper sensitivity towards how my energy is utilised, expended and replenished. One of the physical disciplines I currently practice is pole dancing/gymnastics. 

Not only does pole dancing/gymnastics increase my strength and mobility, it is also gives me a platform to practise discipline and courage, not to mention refines my body awareness. All of these aspects have a knock on effect on my direct qi cultivation practices. 


This evening, I practised a new move: a Princess variation:


I also worked on my straddle and pencil from the handspring:




No comments:

Post a Comment